Next Generation Multi-Protocol Vehicle Interface & Data Logger
Modern vehicle architectures are expanding to include Ethernet and CAN FD in addition to existing CAN and LIN networks. The neoVI FIRE 2 provides Ethernet, eight channels of CAN (including CAN FD) and four channels of LIN in one tool. All channels run simultaneously and are time-stamped in hardware. A fully-isolated high-speed USB interface allows messages to be sent and received without risk of damage to the PC.
Stand-Alone Logging, Scripting, and Simulation
In addition to working as a PC interface, the neoVI FIRE 2 can operate in standalone mode. It can run real-time scripts, log data to a removable microSD card, and simulate ECUs and gateways. With these features, it is also possible to run a script to reflash ECUs using data from the microSD card.
neoVI DLL, J2534, Linux, and RP1210 Support
Since some users prefer to write their own software, the neoVI FIRE 2 supports three open APIs: neoVI DLL API, SAE J2534 API, and TMC RP1210 A/B. The neoVI DLL API includes examples for all popular development environments, including C#, VB.NET, VB6, Delphi, C++ Builder, Visual C++, LabVIEW, and LabWindows. Examples and drivers for both Windows and Linux are available.
Vehicle Spy Application Software
Intrepid’s Vehicle Spy fully supports the neoVI FIRE 2. With Vehicle Spy, users can monitor and transmit on all neoVI FIRE 2 networks simultaneously. Vehicle Spy is required to configure standalone mode. Users can take advantage of the powerful interface to load databases and to write and debug scripts before downloading them to the device.
Hardware-in-the-Loop Real-Time Performance
The neoVI FIRE 2 includes a real-time scripting engine that can be used to perform real-time messaging. For example, an engineer creating an application can load a script into the hardware and interface with the script variables, allowing microsecond-level measurement and control. Through a new feature called hardware acceleration, Vehicle Spy can also be configured to send real-time functions to the device, such as periodic messaging, replay, or scripting.
The neoVI FIRE 2 is capable of logging to a removable microSD card, which uses a real-time, fail-safe FAT32 storage system for reliability and PC compatibility. The FIRE 2 also has a real-time clock to hardware timestamp all messages. Finally, a robust power management system automatically powers down the neoVI FIRE 2, and can wake the device again based on network activity or the connection of a PC.
- Fourth-generation neoVI architecture: over 10x the performance of earlier devices
- Low power consumption
- Power Supply: 4.5-40V operation
- LED membrane keypad: 10 full-color LEDs indicate network status; 2 LEDs for legacy status; 2 user buttons
- Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- On-board UPS power supply for safe shutdown of data logger
- Vehicle connectors: 26-pin male HD D-Sub and 9-pin micro D-Sub
- One-year limited warranty
- Field-upgradeable flash firmware
- General purpose I/O: 2 MISC IO (0-40V) – can be configured as Analog/PWMIO
- General purpose I/O rate report interval: 10 Hz to 1 kHz, or based on digital change
- Microsoft-certified USB drivers
- USB Host for neoVI MIC GPS or powering RAD-Moon accessory
- Isolated high speed (480 Mb/s) USB
- Standalone mode Including scripting, receive messages, transmit messages, expressions, I/O and transport layers
- J2534 and RP1210 A/B compatible for CAN/ISO15765-2:2016 (CAN FD)
- microSD card slot support for up to 128 GB of storage (or the limit of newer SDHC cards). The removable card is formatted using FAT32 for PC compatibility
- Battery backed real time clock (RTC).
- 64-bit timestamping to an accuracy of 25 nanoseconds on CAN FD networks and 10 microseconds on LIN networks with no overflow. Accuracy of 0.5 microseconds possible if using only one network
- Simultaneous operation on all CAN/LIN networks
- Transmit message double-buffering on all networks, allowing back-to-back message transmission
Network Specifications – CAN
- 8x ISO CAN FD Channels implemented using the industry standard Bosch MCAN CAN FD Core
- CAN 2.0B compatible for all CAN Networks
- Software selectable between ISO CAN FD and NON ISO CAN FD (BOSCH CAN FD)
- 6 Dedicated ISO11898 Dual Wire CAN FD Physical Layer (MCP2561FD)
- 2 CAN with CAN mode and 3 software-selectable PHY options
- DW CAN mode: 2 dedicated ISO 11898 Dual Wire CAN FD physical layers (MCP2561FD)
- LSFT CAN mode: 2 Low Speed Fault Tolerant CAN physical layers (TJA1055)
- SW CAN mode: 2 Single Wire CAN physical layers GMW3089 / SAE J2411(MC33897)
- Up to 1 Mb/s software-selectable baud rate for arbitration phase (auto baud capable)
- Up to 8 Mb/s software-selectable baud rate for data phase (auto baud capable)
- Listen-only mode support
- Single Wire High Speed Mode, Test Tool Resistor, and High Voltage Wake-Up support
- Four software programmable DW CAN termination circuits
Network Specifications – LIN
- 4x LIN (Local Interconnect)
- Full support for LIN 1.X, 2.X and J2602
- LIN J2602 / 2.X compatible physical layer
- Software enabled 1K LIN Master Resistor per channel
- LIN Bus Monitor Mode identifies errors: Sync Break Error State and Length, Sync Wave Error, Message ID parity, TFrameMax/Slave Not Responding, Checksum Error and Transmit Bit Errors
- LIN Bus Master Mode operates at same time as LIN Bus Monitor
- LIN Bus Slave simulation – with or without an LDF file
- LIN Bus hardware schedule table with support for LIN diagnostics
- Software-selectable baud rate
Network Specifications – DoIP / XCP / Automotive Ethernet
- 10/100 Ethernet PHY with low power mode
- Compatible with 100BASE-T1 / BroadR-Reach® with RAD-Moon Ethernet Converter Accessory
- Software controlled DoIP activation line
* Specifications subject to change. Please contact Intrepid for the latest information.